Beaches Jazz Festival
Yesterday was just an awesome day for the beach and jazz music! Met up with a whole bunch of ppl for the Beaches Jazz Festival at Kew Gardens. The music in the afternoon wasn't that great, so we went down to the waterfront boardwalk for a leisurely stroll. The water was blue/green (maybe from the chemicals? ;) he he..) and the sand felt so good to the barefeet. Nigel and Ryan actually braved the cool weather and did some body surfing! The rest of us just frolicked in the surf along the edge of the water. It's been a LONG time since I last visited a beach! We tried to play some beach volleyball but no one could figure out where to access a net and ball...the water looked more appealing anyways. When dinner time came around, we headed back up to Queen Street, where the huge beer bottle was. The street closed down for mini street jazz concerts and a several of the bands that played were really good. The street was packed with ppl, including peacock-feathered friends...you know who you are! :) (Chris bought peacock feathers and stuck it in the back of a few ppl's caps.) When we realized all the restaurants on Queen Street would be jammed to overflowing, someone pitched the idea of going to Greektown for food. And so we did the supposedly impossible...we squeezed EIGHT adults into his tiny car!!! That was just hilarious! You should have seen the sight...we were so afraid some cop would catch us. Thank goodness we got far enough safely without a hitch, and dropped a few ppl off who were heading home. We quickly found the closest Greek restaurant, but that ended up being a 1-1.5 hour event, since Nigel did not warn us that Greeks take their time when serving a meal! We waited at least half an hour after ordering before getting any food, and by that time, we were all ravenously hungry and I think I would be correct to assume, everyone else was shovelling food in their mouths like I was. (LoL) Needless to say, it was a looooong day for me. But I reeeeally enjoyed myself a lot, I have to admit.
